You just found out that you need to relocate to another state, and you have a car to transport as well. In India, transporting your car from one state to another involves a lot of legal formalities. They might seem a tad complicated, especially if you have no idea how it works. But in reality, it’s not too complicated, and this step-by-step guide can help you to understand all that you need to know about state-to-state car transportation in India.
Whether you require car transportation in Delhi or somewhere else for relocation to a different state, here’s what you need to do!
1. Applying for the NOC: Every state has its own Regional Transport Office (RTO), and this office is your first destination in the state you reside in. The RTO issues a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for your vehicle after verifying some documents that you need to submit. The following documents are compulsory for the process:
• Original Registration Certificate (RC) Book
• Application on Form 28
• Updated Road Tax Receipt
• National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) crime report
• Insurance Policy for the vehicle, must be valid
• Local address proof
• In case you purchased your vehicle on loan, you would also need a clearance letter from the bank or financier.
2. Obtaining Clearance from the National Crime Records Bureau: Car transportation in Gurgaon for relocation to another state is not possible without acquiring the NCRB clearance, which keeps a check on vehicles associated with criminal incidents in the state crossing into another. This process too, requires you to submit several documents to the Assistant Commissioner of Police in your state.
• Enquiry form, which is available in all cities
• A copy of the Registration Certificate
• Application letter or request addressed to the Assistant Commissioner of Police
• Local residential proof copy, along with bank pass book or company identity card, and a letter from the Human Resources department in your company
• A copy of the vehicle owner’s driving license
• A copy of the vehicle insurance policy
• In case the vehicle was purchased on loan, a clearance letter from the bank/financier is required as well
• Depending on which state you are in, a copy of your vehicle purchase invoice may also be necessary
Once your submission of the documents is complete, a receipt would be issued to you. At a later date, submit the receipt to finally get your clearance certificate.
3. Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate: All major petrol pumps across your state would be able to issue the PUC certificate for your vehicle, which indicates that the pollution caused by your vehicle is within the safety limits.
4. The RTO: Along with all the aforementioned documents mentioned for the NOC, carry a copy of the PUC certificate, and also state why you have to move from one state to another for security purposes.
Submit all the documents along with the requisite fees. You would be issued a receipt at the RTO as well. If all goes well, expect the RTO to call you back in the near future, and you can collect your NOC.
Ezrelocation.in is a highly reliable name for car transportation in Bangalore and all other major cities across India. Our services have ensured smooth relocations for countless families, and will continue to do so.